Snowed In? Just plain cold? Here's your at home workout for today!
Baby it’s cold outside, BUT hot and awesome summer bodies are made in the winter. Here is a Public Body, no excuses workout that you can do at home, in limited space. All you need is your body, a sturdy bench or chair and an optional set of dumbbells. It’s part of our “Snowed In Winter Workout Series.”
Perform the first two exercises as an alternating set, so do exercise 1, then do exercise 2. That's one alternating set. Do a total of three sets of each bodyweight pair. Then rest for 1 minute. Next, do exercises 3 and 4 as an alternating set, and exercises 5 and 6, following the same procedure. Do each exercise for 45-60 seconds each. Note that exercises 1 and 3 are 45-60 seconds on each side! For more of a challenge hold a set of dumbbells for exercises 1, 3 and 4.
1) Bulgarian Split Squat: Stand with your right foot on a chair behind you, and your arms hanging at your sides. Your left foot should be forward enough so that when you squat, your knee does not go past your toes. Keeping your torso upright, lower your body until your left thigh is at least parallel to the floor. Pause, then push yourself back up. Stay on your right foot for 45-60 seconds, then switch legs for the next 45-60 seconds before moving on to exercise 2.
2) Inverted Shoulder Press: Start in a pushup position, but place your feet on a sturdy object that's about 2 feet high and push your hips up so your torso is nearly perpendicular to the floor. Bend your elbows to lower your head toward the floor. Pause, then press yourself back up.
3) Single-Leg Deadlift: Stand on your right foot with your left leg raised behind you, arms down in front of you. Allow your torso to lean slightly forward, and bend the right knee slightly as you lower your body straight down until your hands touch the floor. Pause, then push back up to the starting position. Stay on your right foot for 45-60 seconds then switch legs for the next 45-60 seconds.
4) T Pushup: Start in a high pushup position, with your shoulders stacked over elbows and elbows over wrists. Lower your body as you would in a normal pushup, but as you push yourself up, lift one hand toward the ceiling and rotate your torso and hips in the same direction until you’re facing sideways. Return to the starting position and repeat with your other arm.
5) Plank: get into a plank position with your forearms on the floor and shoulders stacked above your elbows. Keep your abs tight and your body straight for 60 seconds.
6) Arch Taps: these are similar to high knee runs. However, as you run in place, you’ll allow your right knee to turn out to the side and touch your left hand to the inside arch of your right foot, then quickly raise your left knee, turn out and touch your right hand to the inside arch of your left foot.
Go git it! Stay in touch with us all season long at publicbody.com and at our facebook page for other workouts, tips, and occasional inappropriate comments and innuendo….OK, let’s be honest, the innuendo is more than occasional.
Stay hot. Stay awesome!