Hey rockstars! We hope that you survived the Thanksgiving holiday, but also indulged a bit. You work hard and you deserve it. But now it is time to focus your lens back to the hotness and awesomeness journey. Public Body is here to get you back on track after a bit of nutritional indiscretion. Here's another at-home workout that you can do right now!* This series has three rounds. In the first round, you perform each exercise for 1 minute. In round two, you perform each exercise for 45 seconds, and in the third round, you perform each exercise for 30 seconds. Then repeat, only this time start with 30 seconds, then 45 seconds, and end with your 1 minute round. In between each round rest for 1 minute. Here are your body weight exercises:
1. Chest-to-floor pushup with back extension: Start with your body flat on the floor, arms extended in front of you and legs straight behind you. Extend your lower back so your chest and thighs are off the floor and hold for three seconds (like Superman). Then lower everything back to the floor, bring your hands alongside your shoulders and raise your body up to a high pushup (plank) position. Be sure to keep your abs and butt tight prior to starting the pushup so that your body rises in a strong, solid plank. Repeat for the duration of the exercise.
2. Squat with alternating oblique crunches: Start in a sumo squat position, feet shoulder width apart and toes slightly turned out. Your hands should be behind your head, elbows out and shoulders back. Lower your hips back into a squat position, shifting your weight into your heels and not allowing your knees to come beyond your toes. As you return to standing, raise your right knee out to the side, bend your torso to the right and touch your right elbow to your right knee. Return to your squat and repeat on the left side. Continue, alternating left and right.
3. Burpees with plank jacks: In a fluid motion, drop from a standing position into a squat, place your hands to the floor and kick your legs back into a high pushup (plank position). Once in that position, perform 10 plank jacks by simultaneously jumping your feet out and in ten times. Be sure to keep your abs tight, and your hips even with your body. After your 10th plank jack, jump your feet forward toward your hands and return to standing.
4. Reverse lunge with knee to elbow (right side): Start standing with hands behind your head and feet about shoulder distance apart. Keeping the torso upright, step the right leg back and lower the right knee to the ground. Press through the front heel to initiate standing, and as you come to standing, raise the right knee and bring your left elbow to your right knee. Continue with the right leg only.
4. Reverse lunge with knee to elbow (left side): Start standing with hands behind your head and feet about shoulder distance apart. Keeping the torso upright, step the left leg back and lower the left knee to the ground. Press through the front heel to initiate standing, and as you come to standing, raise the left knee and bring your right elbow to your left knee. Continue with the left leg only.
5. Walking tricep plank: Start in an elbow plank position with shoulders stacked over your elbows and feet slightly wider than your hips. Then press your right hand into the floor then your left in order to raise your self into a high plank position. Lower your right elbow then your left elbow to return to low plank. Repeat, this time starting with the left side. remember to keep your abs tight and the your hips in line with your body.
6. Full range sit ups: Lie flat on your back with legs extended in front of you and arms flat behind your head. As you exhale, roll up and reach your arms toward your toes. Slowly return to the ground keeping your abs in tight to control the motion.
Stay hot and awesome!
*always consult a physician prior to beginning any fitness regimen.