For this week's workout you'll focus on 5 exercises, that's it! Oh, but you'll do them in a famous/infamous Public Body Accumulator! Here's how it works. Do exercise one for 30 seconds then rest for 30 seconds. Then do exercise two for 30 seconds, immediately followed by exercise one for 30 seconds and then rest for 30 seconds. Then do exercise three for 30 seconds, exercise two for 30 seconds, and exercise one for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds….Repeat until you’ve done all five exercises for 30 seconds each. Rest for one full minute, then do the workout in reverse, starting with the fifth exercise and do each for 30 seconds including exercise one. Rest for 30 seconds. Then, in the next round do exercise, five, four, three then two, subtracting exercise one. Rest for 30 seconds then perform exercise five, four and three and so on. For this circuit, you need your body and a stable bench. The whole workout takes only about 30 minutes.
Here is your circuit:
1) Shoulder tap bench pushups: Since you have a bench, your pushup can be either decline (feet on the bench,) traditional (hands and feet on the floor,) or incline (hands on the bench.) Start in your chosen pushup position (you can do a different one each round) with abs tight and shoulders, elbows and wrists stacked over each other. Lower yourself toward the ground, then raise to starting position. Once raised, touch your right hand to left shoulder, then left hand to right shoulder. That is one rep. Repeat for 30 seconds.
2) Alternating step ups: Start standing straight in front of a sturdy bench or stable chair. Place the right foot on the elevated surface. Step on the platform and as you press into your right heel to lift your body up, drive left knee toward your chest and hop off of your right foot. Step down with the left leg then right leg. Repeat with the left leg stepping up for the next rep and alternating each time.
3) Triceps dips: Position your hands shoulder-width apart on a secure bench or stable chair. Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out in front of you. Straighten your arms, then bend at the elbows lowering your body. Fire your triceps and straighten the arms again. Be sure to keep your shoulders active, down and back
4) Side to side bench jumps: Position yourself lengthwise over your bench and place your hands firmly on the top edge of the bench. Position both feet on the left side of the bench. Simultaneously jump both feet over the bench landing softly on the right side of the bench. Repeat rapidly from side to side.
5) Ab sprinter: Sit on the center of the bench so that your body is lengthwise on the bench. Using the bench challenges your stability and enhances the work on your core. Crunch up so that your body is in a V position. Maintain this V as you bring your left arm up with the elbow bent to resemble a sprinters motion and you right knee into your chest. Repeat for the other side of the body and alternate for 30 seconds.
Stay hot. Stay awesome!